We are less than one week away from Build Week! So much exciting news to report! In no particular order:
Home Depot Foundation awarded us a $5,000 grant for our playground! Frazier Carpet Cleaning donated $170 this week. Kiwanis Club donated $1,000 last week and Rotary Club gave $2,800. The Bonham Mahjong group contributed $200. We have continued to get many donations in memory of Pat Porter. Several other donations, raffle ticket sales and picket sales have also come in the last few weeks. All of it adds up to more than $115,000, which puts us only about $6,000 away from our goal. Chi Lambda has pledged 10% of the proceeds from their charity auction event on March 22. Plus we still have about 100 pickets left to sell, as well as raffle tickets and t-shirts! Several area businesses and our elementary & intermediate schools are collecting coins for construction.
Sanderson Surveying staked out the playground site this week & Fannin County Electric Co-op is digging the holes to get us ready to build! We appreciate both of these companies donating their time, skills and equipment to our project!
Sue Taylor and the food committee have lined up all of the food & drinks for Build Week! Many thanks to all of the following individuals, businesses, churches and other organizations who have contributed:
- Breakfast Foods & Snacks – from Brookshires, First Presbyterian Men’s Group, Robbie Freund, Cindy Godbey, Panera Bread, Sunny Delight, Walmart, John Womack and Boyd Baptist Church
- Lunches – First Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, 7th & Main Baptist Church, Cappy”s Cafe and Willow Wild Cemetery Association
- Dinners – Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, First United Methodist Church, Church of God, Church of Christ and Bonham Fire Department
- Bottled Water – American Bank of Texas, Fannin Bank, Legend Bank and Kwik Chek
Free child care will be provided at First Baptist Church in Bonham for children 9 and under, provided the parents sign up to volunteer by 6 pm on Monday, March 10. Children 9 and under will not be allowed at the build site due to safety concerns. Parents must bring food, snacks and drinks for their children. Children ages 10-13 may help but they must stay with an adult at all times. Youth ages 140-17 can help without an adult by their side, but they cannot use power tools.
Volunteers are needed on all shifts, and especially all of the evening shifts and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Our daily schedule will be as follows:
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm – First shift
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm – Lunch break (meal provided)
- 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm – Second shift
- 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Dinner break (meal provided)
- 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Third shift
Tools, Tools, Tools – we need to borrow lots of tools for one week. Bring your tools to the playground site on Saturday, March 8 from 9 am to 2 pm or Sunday, March 9 between 2-5 pm. Tools will be marked for identification purposes and accounted for on a daily basis. They will be kept in locked storage containers. Tool List
T-shirts – we will have a limited number of t-shirts for sale during Build Week. They will be fluorescent yellow with the designs pictured at right. Cost is $12 each. We will have youth and adult sizes. To reserve your shirts, send us an email to let us know how many and what size(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org