Many thanks to all of the volunteers who helped build this playground!
>>>>>>Please note: Just because we are done building does not mean the volunteer jobs are over. Each year as part of Great Days of Service – Bonham, we will have a volunteer crew working on maintaining the playground. Volunteers will also be fundraising for more things on our wish list (tops on the list right now are more security cameras and lighting.)
- Skilled & unskilled labor
- Creative or artistic projects – several elements of our playground will need the skills of people who are gifted with creativity or artistry
- Child care providers – to babysit kids ages 9 and under while their parents build the playground
- Food providers – to prepare and serve lunch and dinner to volunteers each day of 5 days of the build
- Registration volunteers are needed to check people in at the build site
- Fundraisers – to sell pickets and tickets, assist with fundraising events
Volunteer age restrictions:
- Children ages 9 & under cannot be at the site during the construction time due to safety concerns. Free child care is available off-site.
- Children ages 10-13 can help build, but they must stay with an adult at all times.
- Youth ages 14-17 can help build without an adult always by their side, however they cannot use power tools.
- Ages 18 and up are needed to build the playground. We need both skilled and unskilled labor, as well as creative or artistic skills.
Daily Schedule – March 12-16, 2014
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm – First shift
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm – Lunch break*
- 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm – Second shift
- 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Dinner break*
- 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Third shift
* meals, snacks and bottled water will be provided by local churches, businesses & individuals