Powder Creek Playground will be a community built playground. Therefore, by definition, it requires many individuals, businesses, organizations and others to come together to make it happen.
Many thanks to all who have sponsored components for the park:
- The Alamo – Chi Lambda
- Covered Wagon – Harriet Halsell
- Western Facade – Voluntary Purchasing Group (VPG)
- Western Playhouse – Legend Bank
- Train – Dr. & Mrs. Price Bradshaw
- Flower Cart – Biggerstaff Girls
- Giant Warrior – Legend Bank
- TeePee – WR Starkey Mortgage
- Tot Slide – Bob & Kay Carrel
- Big Slide – Glaser Family Charitable Foundation
- Tot Rubber Bridge – Bonham Rotary Club
- Rubber Bridge – Bonham Rotary Club
- Chain Bridge – Bonham Kiwanis Club
- Ring Bridge – Bonham Rotary Club
- Low Ladder – Tommy & Betty Thornton
- Chin-up Pipe – Itzy Bitzy Preschool
- Tot Arch Bridge – Kwik Chek
- Low Rings – Bonham Rotary Club
- Sound Wall – Ross & Michelle Griffith
- Balance on Chains – Windom Feed Sack
- Foot Walk – Cole Title Company
- Fire Pole – Fannin Bank
- Climbing Wall – WalMart
- Monkey Bars – Bert & Sally Simpson in memory of Pat Porter and Betty Thornton
- Phone System – American Bank of Texas
- Metal Swings – Glaser Family Charitable Foundation
- Bench – Bonham Floral
- Bench – Clark & Denise Sanderson
- Bench – Roy Floyd
- Bench – Myles & Lisa Porter
- Bench – Dr. Price & Margaret Bradshaw
- Tree – Dana Atnip Ostos
- Tree – Judge Lauri Blake
- Tree – Fannin Bank
- Tree – Bonham Kiwanis Club
- 2 Trees – Sue Carpenter in memory of Willie Carpenter
Many thanks to others who are working to make this dream of a playground a reality! (We have made every effort to recognize significant contributions. If you noticed we have inadvertently missed you, please accept our sincere apologies and kindly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make the needed corrections.)
- BEDCO for generously investing $30,000 to build our playground.
- Chi Lambda – for their leadership and generous financial support of the playground
- City of Bonham – for contributing 3 days of prep work at the playground site, which was valued at more than $1,000. We also appreciate City Manager Bill Shipp and City Councilman Glenn Taylor for actively participating on our planning committee.
- Fannin County Children’s Center – for allowing us to have our planning meetings at the center.
- Fannin County Electric Co-op for drilling all of the holes to get the site ready for build week!
- Fannin-Grayson Peace Project – for selling pies and cheesecakes before the holidays to raise $333 for the playground
- First Baptist Church – for setting up their large tent to be our cut tent where all of the saws will be. Also for the use of their facilities for child care.
- Frazier Carpeting Cleaning donated $10 for each carpet cleaning job in Feb 2014.
- Home Depot Foundation has granted us $5,000!
- Party With a Purpose! Many thanks to the group of friends who planned a 2014 New Year’s Eve Party and raised $460 for our playground.
- Clark Sanderson from Sanderson Surveying for donating his surveying talents to our project, including putting out all of the stakes needed to mark where the holes needed to be dug!
- Spanish National Honor Society at Bonham High School for donating a portion of the proceeds from their Macho Nacho and Crazy Taco Night to our playground fund.
Food & Drinks – Thanks to everyone who helped feed & hydrate our volunteers during Build Week:
- Breakfast Foods & Snacks – from Brookshires, First Presbyterian Men’s Group, Robbie Freund, Cindy Godbey, Panera Bread,
Sunny Delight, Walmart, John Womack and Boyd Baptist Church
- Lunches – First Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, 7th & Main Baptist Church, Cappy”s Cafe and Willow Wild Cemetery Association
- Dinners – Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, First United Methodist Church, Church of God, Church of Christ and Bonham Fire Department
- Bottled Water – American Bank of Texas, Fannin Bank, Legend Bank and Kwik Chek